Monday, August 4, 2008

Goodbye Christine...

After over a year of fighting, my mother Christine lost the battle and peacefully passed on to the other side this evening. While this is a very sad occasion for all of us, I can find comfort knowing that Mom will no longer be suffering and is able to join her mother Joann, sister Mary, and niece Emily, along with many others who have gone before her. Please know that Mom truly and honestly did not want this to be a sad occasion, she wanted everyone to celebrate her life. We intend to do this. As we are still making arragement, the plans are: Friday evening a wake, and Saturday will be the funeral, more information to come later. As I know many people will want to help, please continue to check the blog as we will post information about what we will need. Mom also asked that instead of flowers, donations could be made to the Wellness Community, a place that brought her such great joy and comfort during her tough times over the past year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember when I came to St. Louis to see Liz and how caring Chris was to me. Parents weekend our senior year was really special. I will remember Chris standing with my mom looking at plates to give for Christmas even though it was the end of october. She was full of laughter and an optimist and she will be missed. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.