Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday, August 4th

10:20am

Chris was peaceful overnight for the most part. Robbie slept in the room. Mags and I, Pete and his boys~Nino and Giussepie~ all slept in the lounge. (Nino snores like an elephant...I think Pete does too, but I sleep heavily....) Kathleen sat bedside throughout the night and broke her promise to wake us so we could each do one hour shifts. Chris has felt very comforted by all of us of course, but she seems to be particularly comforted by Kathleen's presence and command~as am I.

We believe and hope that she will join Mary, Mother and Lil' Emily soon. According to the staff around here, she is in her final phase. It is time for her suffering to end and every once in awhile we tell her it's okay and she should let go and not worry about us.

Love to all,

Bridget

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My deepest sympathy to all of you. And thank you so much for this spot to find out about what's going on. Of course I didn't know Chris nearly as well as I wanted to..
Anyway, it's nice to have this so I can read your thoughts and words--and your famous humor. It's comforting to see a bit of Chris reflected in each of you.
Even though I can't be there with you, please know that I'm praying for you all. And that this cyber family blog helps those of us you rarely see.
I remember walking with my brother John going down to the Kelly house. He had taken a bus all the way from Virginia for Anne's funeral: "Well, part of the reason I came is to make sure all the rest of the family is OK."

And I can telly you, this is certainly reassuring! Thanks,
Barb